Increase your global knowledge! Begin your global training by taking Introduction to Global Humanities in Spring, 2016, now offered on all campuses.
Available on all three campuses:
This course focuses on contemporary issues about fairness, equality, and community around the world from the perspective of the humanities: history, language and literature, art, philosophy, religion. The course will feature films, events, and guest speakers on global humanities, from global perspectives that include popular culture. [Pre-requisite: ENGL101 assessment level or by instructor’s permission.]
This is a late-start course, beginning one week after normal start date.
Choose your campus!
- GHUM 101, Introduction to Global Humanities (36262)
- Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30—1:55
- Germantown Campus, HS238
- Professor Jill Kronstadt, English Department,
- GHUM101, Introduction to Global Humanities (36252)
- Meets Thursdays, 6—8:50 pm
- Rockville Campus, HU323
- Professor Kenneth Jassie, Art Department
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus:
- GHUM101, Introduction to Global Humanities (34868)
- Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11—12:25
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, RC202
- Professor Greg Wahl, English