The Humanities Advocacy Group and the Humanities Area disciplines of Montgomery College are excited to be hosting a Humanities Student Conference on Friday, April 8, 2016 in the TA Arena on Rockville’s campus. We’re looking for students to submit essays and projects related to any Humanities discipline. Essays can be up to seven pages and may be analytical, research-based, or reflective. This is a great opportunity for students to become part of the academic community, and the experience will enhance resumes or applications. We hope the conference will be a chance to demonstrate interest, engagement, and vitality around Humanities disciplines at the college. Original creative works and panel presentations will also be considered. Students’ work will be evaluated on the basis of the quality of research, of the written work, and of the creative piece, project, or poster.
To learn how to submit:
Humanities Student Conference on Friday, April 8, 2016 in the TA Arena on Rockville’s campus.
Students: The deadline for submission is Monday, March 7 by 5:00 PM. The guidelines for submission are as follows:
- Papers must be typed (Times New Roman font size 11 or 12 or Calibri font size 11), double-spaced, with left-hand margin of 1” and at least 1” top, bottom, and right.
- Pages must be numbered with Arabic numerals in the upper right-hand corner.
- The title page must include:
- student’s name, e-mail address, and phone number
- title of paper
- faculty mentor’s name, e-mail address, and phone number
- title of course for which the paper was written or the project was created, or a statement that the work was done independent of a course
- Research must include reputable, academic sources and appropriate documentation format (MLA for the Humanities)
- For posters or creative projects, the submission must include
- A title page
- A 200-300 word abstract including: a description of the work (the poster or the project)
- A statement of purpose (thesis)
Please email all submissions to (email@example.com) for consideration.